Home Buying Steps
Buying a Home from Start to Closing
STEP 1: Get Yourself Ready for Home Ownership
- Build good credit history
- Obtain mortgage pre-approval through a reputable lender
- Save for a down payment and closing costs
STEP 2: Contact a Real Estate Professional
- Decide on your needs and expectations for an agent
- Contact TCP Real Estate and let us handle the rest
STEP 3: Get Your Financing in Order
- Understand your financing options
- Work with a reputable lender
- Keep your credit stable and do not make any big purchases
STEP 4: Locate the Right Property
- Determine your needs and wants for a home
- Start searching online, visiting open houses and setting up showing appointments with your real estate agent
STEP 5: Prepare for Closing
- Get a home inspection
- Negotiate needed repairs
- Obtain homeowner's insurance and choose a Home Warranty company
- Set up utilities and change your address with USPS
- Schedule final walk through and closing
STEP 6: Close on Your New Home
- Wire your funds to title
- Review your Closing Disclosure
- Sign closing paperwork at title
- Mark down to file a Homestead Exemption at first of year
Tips for First-Time Home Buyers and Buyers With Less than Perfect Credit
Consider some of these little known facts about owning your own home:
You don’t need a large down payment.
You may be able to get assistance with your down payment and closing costs.
You may be able to find seller financing options.
You can buy a home with less than perfect credit.
Most renters are under the impression that buying a home is much harder than it really is. Perhaps the hardest step is finding the right real estate company to contact that can help you find options that will work for you.
TCP Real Estate has helped many first-time home buyers identify programs and locate properties that best suit their needs and situations. Our experienced real estate agents will walk you through the entire home buying process from start to finish. It's a wonderful time to stop renting and start owning!
CONTACT US TODAY TO SET UP A CUSTOMIZED HOME SEARCH